Thank you for Joining Us for Young at Heart - 2016
Villa St. Joseph Young at Heart is our premier fundraising event. Proceeds from this event, which features fine dining, auctions and entertainment, benefit Villa St. Joseph Benevolent Care and Music Therapy.
The Young at Heart 2016 was held at the Pittsburgh Marriott North, Cranberry, PA on Friday, September 23, 2016. Our chairpersons for the event were Carole and Bill Battisti of Sewickley. We welcomed close to 170 guests and netted over $74,000 for benevolent care and music therapy.
And here is the introductory video viewed by attendees as they entered Casino Night.
With a theme of “Dealing Care a Winning Hand”, the event began at 6:30 p.m. with cocktails followed by tapas and hors d'oeuvres. The evening featured casino games, photo booth, dessert table, silent auctions and basket raffles.
Joe and Bonnie Makarewicz received the 2016 Partner in Caring award, which honors individuals, groups or organizations who help promote the mission of the Villa. Joe and Bonnie were honored for their many contributions to Villa St. Joseph.
You can participate in the 2017 Young at Heart in several ways:
- Attending the event
- Considering a program advertisement or sponsorship: levels range from $75 to $10,000
- Donating an item for the silent auction or basket raffles
Becoming a Young at Heart:
- Friend ($50)
- Patron ($150)
- Benefactor ($300)
- Joining the Young at Heart planning committee
For more information, call David Dix at 724-869-6321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Partner in Caring Award
In conjunction with Young at Heart, there is a Partner in Caring presentation. The award was established in 2004 to recognize individuals or organizations that help to significantly advance the mission of Villa St. Joseph.
Past recipients of the Partner in Caring award are:
- 2016 - Dr. Joseph and Mrs. Bonnie Makarewicz, OFS
- 2015 - Al and Anita Costigan
- 2014 - Eugene A. Giotto
- 2013 - Ann and Frank Cahouet
- 2012 - Sister Judith Maroni, CSJ
- 2011 - Kathy Adelman
- 2010 - Ginny Simmons
- 2009 - George and Eileen Dorman
- 2007 - Sister Michelle Prah, Gary Chace, and John and Patricia Staley
- 2006 - Villa St. Joseph Auxiliary
- 2004 - Susan Laughlin